Legendary's Godzilla 2014 News, Updates, And More IDW's Godzilla: Rulers Of Earth And Other Kaiju Comic News, Previews, And More Pacific Rim News, Updates, And More X-Plus, S.H. MonsterArts, And More Kauji Toy News, Previews, And More Kaiju Battle's Creature Feature: Learn All About The Many Kaijus

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Elizabeth Olsen Talks Godzilla 2014

From CosmicBookNews

Elizabeth Olsen is set to play Elle Brody, wife to Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Ford Brody, nurse and mother as well, in the upcoming highly anticipated Godzilla movie from director Gareth Edwards.

The latest issue of Total Film magazine has a featured article on the actress where she talks Godzilla as well as The Avengers 2 (find out about the Scarlet Witch costume here).

Olsen starts off by discussing her first meeting with Edwards and how the director first pitched Godzilla: not as strictly a monster movie, but a film with human development and emotion.

"He was really jet-lagged and had been doing the same pitch over and over," she offered. "He said, 'I've been doing this so much that I might miss things or repeat myself,' and I was like 'Whatever, Godzilla.' Then he started showing the previsualisations and he explained to me what my role would be. He said, "I don't like the way it is in the script right now. I'd like to continue to develop it.' It was kid of cool to hear 'we want your part to have more substance than what it does now, which is just a holding place.' Automatically he opened himself up to being a collaborator."

Olsen also reveals she was Edwards' choice for the role - as well as Joss Whedon's for The Avengers 2.

"With Godzilla, Gareth wanted me to do it, so it was my job to take or not to take. That was crazy!" Olsen said. "I didn't have to do screen tests with six other girls waiting in the lobby. Same thing with The Avengers. Joss wanted me to do it! It's all kind of shocking. I don't know how I got the job, but now I have it, and we're creating it. It's been a really fun process. We're being aware of the comic books but also doing our own thing."

Olsen also offers how she approached the spectacle of the rumored 300-foot-plus Godzilla monster.

"I approached Godzilla like I'd approach anything. It's just a little bit more imagination," said Olsen. "I don't understand what looking at a big monster is, but I'd think, 'It's a sniper, shooting at me from a high building.' I understand what that is."

Elizabeth Olsen also provided a few details about her character: Will she interact with Godzilla?

"I do get to be in the midst of the action, but most of the action I'm amidst are the casualties! I'm a nurse and I have a child with Aaron. I'm trying to do my job as a nurse but also to take care of my child. I've never been interested in being someone who points at things and runs and screams."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...